You will see this error message as although you may see 5 bars of signal,
the quality of your signal will not be strong enough to complete a data call. The signal monitor can be switched off by following these steps:
- Connect to the Optimizer on your wi-fi enabled device.
- Open a web browser and enter 192.168.10.1 into the URL bar.
- You will then need to enter a username and password:
- Username: superadmin
- Password: webxaccess
- Choose the services tab along the top of the page. This should open a new window below where you will need to choose PPP.
- Once open you can chance the signal monitor level or turn it off completely
- Keep in mind that 60% is typically the minimum required for a successful data connection. If you must change the Signal Monitor, we recommend lowering the Level vs. disabling it. Many users have had success by lowering the level to 40 or 30. NOTE: Reducing the signal strength to less than 60% may cause lengthy data connections due to poor signal.
- Press "Save & Apply" to complete this process.